The mission of the Patton Foundation Poland is to promote peace by honouring the service and sacrifice of Polish & US Army veterans while educating the public and inspiring a new generation on modern Polish military history through the preservation of the memory and sacrifice of our heroes from the major conflicts of the 20th and 21st centuries.
FUNDACJA IMIENIA GENERAŁA GEORGA S PATTONA (KRS: 0000721781, NIP: 5213816248, REGON: 369639696)
“Preserving the Peace through Lessons of the Past”
The Foundation was established for the purposes of:
1. Help the veterans of the Polish Armed Forces in the West and the closest members of their families.
2. Help for families and soldiers of the Second Conspiracy, and the Anticommunist Uprising in Poland in the years 1944-1963.
3. Establishing contacts and cooperation with veteran organizations of the Polish Armed Forces in the West and with the organizations of the Veterans of the US Army.
4. To promote the traditions and values presented by General Georg S. Patton in Poland and among Polish communities in the USA and in the world.
5. Developing scientific, historical and economic cooperation with American organizations and the Polish Diaspora in the USA and in the world.
6. Cooperation with all Polish organizations with a national and global profile.
The Foundation accomplishes its goals through:
1. Providing assistance to veterans of the Polish Armed Forces in the West and the closest members of their families.
2. Provision of material assistance to the families and soldiers of the Second Conspiracy, and the Anticommunist Uprising in Poland in 1944-1963, hereinafter referred to as the "Independence Underground".
3. Taking care of memorial sites dedicated to soldiers of the Independence Underground in Poland and abroad and on places of remembrance devoted to General George S. Patton in Poland and on memorial sites dedicated to American soldiers in Poland and abroad.
4. Organizing occasional and anniversary meetings devoted to Polish-American relations, in particular soldiers of the Niepodległościowa Underground in Poland, American soldiers and Polish citizens who strengthened their Polish-American friendship (including generals Tadeusz Kosciuszko, Kazimierz Pułaski, Ryszard Kukliński)
5. Organizing occasional meetings with the families of the soldiers of the Niepodległościowy Underground in Poland and with the families of soldiers of General Patton's Army.